Remember not the former things


“Remember not the former things, nor consider the things of old. Behold, I am doing a new thing; now it springs forth, do you not perceive it? I will make a way in the wilderness and rivers in the desert.



We are a society of hoarders.  We sure do like our stuff.  Even if we never EVER use it again we keep it because well "Maybe one day I will need it."  We do the same with our feelings and worse of all our past.  We hold on and hold on and treat it like a safety blanket.  Oh I'm guilty as charged.  I have held on to past regrets, negative experiences, hurts, ways of thinking and.... none of which served me any good.  One great pastor/counselor of mine helped me understand the consequences of my actions.  Weather she recited it or not Isaiah 43:18-19 was evident often during our counseling sessions.

On our last session I complained about how I won't be physically able to accomplish things from my bucket list, at which she replied, "Time to make another list." HEHEHE Gota love her, so simple.  But that is really how simple life is.  You roll with the punches.  You don't just sit and regret your life or dwell on the past.  If you are not doing something for the Kingdom then your taking up space.  We have to live everyday with a purpose.  Despite the physical, financial or other challenges.

She taught me that just like we drive our cars to purposely get somewhere, we do the same with our lives on a daily basis.  She would often use the example of "If you want to go to McDonald's you get in your car and go drive to McDonald's, not Pier One, unless of course you change you mind on the way.  But in the end it's decisions we make during the day that affect our lives".  We can't sit on our recliners dwelling on the past, waiting for something better to happen. We have to ask God for guidance and when He gives it to us we need to do our part for the blessing to come along.  Things in our lives were not meant to be easy all the time.  The bible says that we are going to go through trials and challenges.  But seriously....if it's not worse then a nail in a hand, can we really complain?  Shalom

Comments