Be Good to yourself.

I'm going to be transparent on this post. In my mid 20s, I tried to end my life. This post isn't about that event, nor is it about what lead to the attempted suicide. I'm writing this tonight at 2:26 a.m., because I want to reach out to anyone who might be having the same thoughts I had on that day. You see I look back at that day and I think of all the things I would have missed out on. The friends, my accomplishments, the people that touched my life and the ones I touched as well.

You see whatever your situation, it's only temporary. Some issues need your help to end, while others have to run it's course. You just need to know that God will see you through it. God's plan is perfect. The bible tells us that God knew us before anyone else: "Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart... Jeremiah 1:5. He knows our weaknesses and our strengths. Some things just happen.They were not planned, they aren't attacks of the enemy, they just happen. I take responsibility for my role in everything in my life. The good and the bad. This has helped me to be free.

Here are a few things that I would have missed:

I would have missed out on all the love I've received

I would not have met this beautiful soul whom I proudly call my friend.

I would have missed out on family graduations and birth announcements.

My first and last motorcycle ride, PS stay away from the exhaust pipe OUCH LOL

I did good that day, usually I catch bait. 

Aw yes, this day I bowled against a blind pre-teen in a wheelchair...AND HE BEAT ME. lmbo 

and great times with friends

Don't drop me, please don't  drop me.  Never got over that fear. :)

Everyone stand clear I have no idea what I'm doing. 

First time I realized I can dance now that I'm in the wheelchair. 

More great times with friends.

I wouldn't have climbed a light house....


and missed seeing this.  


There are so many other things that I was blessed to have experienced. So to anyone reading this, that might be contemplating suicide, I promise you it gets better. It won't be easy, but I can tell you here and now, it will be worth it. Be good to yourselves. God loves you, your friends and/or family love you. Now work at loving yourself. Shalom

Comments