Remembering John



"Well, I see they still let just anyone in here." That's what I would say to Pastor John as I "accidentally" tapped his leg with my wheelchair.  John would smile, bend over and give me one of his great big strong hugs.  He was the real thing, he loved God, his family and his church.  He shared his big heart with everyone.  NO ONE was a stranger to John.    

I miss him, very much.  It's been less then a week that he went home to be with the Lord.  Today I will be going to the Wednesday night ASL class, preceded by the weekly church dinner.  It will be very hard to enter that building and know that John won't be there.  But is that really true?  Can I really say that John won't be there tonight?  John touched so many lives. His legacy is within every inch of New Beginnings Christian Church. Walk through the hallways and you will feel him walking beside you.  Enter the nursery and he is there sitting on the floor with a child wearing a flowery bonnet and smiling.  Visit the choir practicing and you will see him sitting in the pew enjoying the music. Come in to Sign Language class and he for sure is there. John was and still is so much more than what his flesh and bones could contain.  A few weeks ago a pastor at my church preached on how our work here on earth doesn't stop when we are gone.  This is true for John.  We all will continue doing the work that he left.  We are better people for having known this man of God.  

Shalom



Comments