Fear Not for I am with You

I remember the first time I moved out on my own.  Prior to this day I always was living with someone.  On this day a new chapter was about to begin.  Although fear and doubt were strong that day, I still pressed on. The movers eyes went big as they walked in and saw all the furnishings in the house.  "Don't worry, I'm not taking anything in this room."  The men resumed breathing again.  The movers, surprised at how little I was taking, began to load the truck.  Along with my clothes I had one sofa-bed, one recliner, one writer's box, one TV with stand and misc kitchen items. I confess I was a little embarrassed.  When we arrived at my apartment, everything I owned fit in the bedroom which could have not been more than 10 ft by 10 ft.    

That night, I pulled out my bed looked for my pillows and laid my exhausted body on it.  I talked to God for a bit, something like this:

"Lord, it's done, I'm all yours."

"Child you have never stopped being mine."

"I know but I feel like I'm just getting to know you. I have to confess, I'm scared. Will I make it on my own?.

As I turn to close my eyes, I open my bible and without much searching I find Isaiah 41:10.

"So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand."

What else can I say.  - Shalom






Comments