True Adversity Defines True Character

I'm human and sometime the physical pain and lack of sleep eventually translates into an emotional break down.  But I'm quickly lifted up through The Word of God and the friends I have that support and love me.  

My brother sent me a text with these words: "Remember we can't give up, in life true adversity defines true character."

How true, powerful and biblical this statement is. I had to look up a verse that supports this. A little searching and God showed me 2 Corinthians 4:8-9 We are afflicted in every way, but not crushed; perplexed, but not driven to despair; persecuted, but not forsaken; struck down, but not destroyed; further down on that same chapter we read, 16 So we do not lose heart. Though our outer self is wasting away, our inner self is being renewed day by day. 17 For this light momentary affliction is preparing for us an eternal weight of glory beyond all comparison, 18 as we look not to the things that are seen but to the things that are unseen. For the things that are seen are transient, but the things that are unseen are eternal.

Wow, what more can I add to this. I'm speechless...OK well maybe not speechless (Cuban girl here :) ).  But this really does hit home for me at this time in my life of physical trials.   These scriptures assure me (as only God can) that I may go through hardship, that at times it may come close to a "nail in a hand", that I may bend from the pressure BUT I'm not going to break.  I"m going to be alright.  I am blessed and highly favored.  

I'm also lead to 2 Timothy 1:7 for God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control.

I'm able to get to the other side, I'm able to defeat satan because God gave me a spirit of POWER, LOVE and SELF-CONTROL.  I am lifted up by this truth.  I stand before God with His full ARMOR on.  No weapon formed against me shall prosper.  Shalom


Comments