Find What Makes Your Heart Beat

"Barbara, there is a point in our lives when we just have to make the decision to JUST BE HAPPY."  This was told to me by a friend of mine.  I have forgotten this principle.  JUST BE HAPPY.  I have to confess, I have been unhappy for quite some time.  It was strange to me because I am so grateful for what I have; a place to live, a loving and caring relationship, I have great friends who love me unconditionally and I them.  Why was I still waking up unhappy? This week I had the opportunity of speaking to my friend again.  I realized the true source of my lack of happiness. I was disconnected. I had pulled the plug on my connection with God. 

I had stopped doing the things that connected me with God. I stopped writing, reading the Word, prayer time and especially sharing God's love and compassion with others.  These things are my true source of happiness.  They are part of my true authentic self.  If I stop breathing, eating and drinking water, eventually I will get sick and die.  The same goes with my relationship with God and living my true purpose.  If I don't, I will eventually die spiritually. All relationships are the same, if you don't stay connected, if you don't check in on each other daily, you become unhappy. So here I go again, plugging in, doing what God created me to do, being what He created me to be.  

Look at yourselves my friends.  Are you unhappy despite having  a home, financial security, unconditional love from friends and family?  Think about where the disconnect occurred. There is something that you stopped doing and that's why you are unhappy. Rediscover what makes your heart beat.  SHALOM





Comments