Do you know His voice?


I just saw a video demonstration. In the video there were two men and a dog. One man would YELL commands at Trauma (that's the dog's name) but Trauma wouldn't move. He was focused on his owner. The man would stomp his feet, fall to the ground, banging his hands on the floor, but Trauma was undeterred. He waited patiently until his owner said something.  On occasion, his owner would softly give a command and Trauma would quickly respond. 

That had me thinking about God's voice.  You know we have so many distractions around us.  Day in and day out there is something or someone trying to pull us away. The Bible says in John 10: "You don’t believe because you’re not my sheep. My sheep recognize my voice. I know them, and they follow me."

Do you know God's voice? In the midst of all the lies, troubles and chaos, are you able to recognize that still and gentle voice. Talk to Him, read the Word and meditate on it daily. As you do these things, you will hear God no matter how loud the "noise" may be.

Shalom


Comments