The Cards are on the Table


Psalms 51:16-17
You do not delight in sacrifice, or I would bring it;
you do not take pleasure in burnt offerings. 17 
My sacrifice, O God, is[b] a broken spirit; a broken and contrite heart you, God, will not despise.

I am going to confess something to you. I used to be a play-actor, a fake Christian.  For years I would minister to people, while hiding who I really was. Don't get me wrong - my love and passion for my Lord was real, but to people I would show them whatever they wanted to see at that particular time.  I wanted to please everyone, therefore I accepted everyone's "truth."  It didn't matter, Jews, Muslims, Agnostic, Atheist, I would find something to agree with and stick with that. When asked what I believe, I would begin to panic because I didn't want to say something that would ignite a heated debate.  This way of thinking has not served me well.  It actually has made me forget what TRUTH really is.  

It is said "If you don't stand for something, you will fall for anything." Most recently I have been put in a position that has forced me to be clear about what I believe.   So after much thought and prayer, here it is:

  • I believe in God The Father, The Son and The Holy Spirit
  • I believe Jesus is both the Son of God and God in the flesh
  • I believe Jesus suffered, died and on the third day He defeated death and rose again
  • I believe that there is salvation through Jesus (He IS the way, the truth and the light)
  • I believe in the forgiveness of sins
  • I believe in the power of prayer
  • I believe Jesus came for one purpose only and that was to save the world
  • I believe the Bible is the inspired word of God
  • I believe in the gifts of the Spirit
  • I believe that salvation is not earned nor won, but given freely through Jesus' sacrifice.
  • I believe that we are given undeserved grace everyday
  • I believe that our sins are forgiven, even before we ask for it.  
  • I believe we are accountable for our actions and that there are consequences for our actions.
  • I believe God is the creator and controller of all things on earth 
There it is folks, out there for the whole world to see. 

Shalom


Comments