The Armor of God

Ephesians 6:14 Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, 15 and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. 16 In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. 17 Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God. 


18 And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the Lord’s people. 

Today I reflect upon my life. I remember once someone asking me what I would ask Jesus to do for me if I was presented with the opportunity. I thought about it a bit and responded with; I would ask Jesus to give me the ability to reach as many souls as possible; to have the means to bring the love and knowledge of Christ to as many people as I can. I could tell by her facial expression that this wasn't the answer she was expecting. 


Thinking back on that day I realized that my request was granted from my birth. God made me special, in more ways than one. I embrace all that God has given me; the crutches, the Spina Bifida, the wheelchair, even the most recent blessing of Fibromyalgia. I know all these gifts are simply tools that God has used and continues to use to provide me with the opportunity to reach souls for the Kingdom. For if it weren’t for my disability I would have not known and given so much love, compassion, and joy. I may never realize how many people God has touched through me. I'm not meant to know this. All I'm meant to know is that He has and continues to do so. Therefore I welcome all that comes my way according to His will. I'm a soldier of the Most High, my crutches and my wheelchair form part of my Armor. Shalom


Comments