Good and Faithful Servants

I woke up different today.  Not different in the sense of physical health but different in my spirit.  As I'm thinking about where my life should go from here, I'm hearing the birds singing outside, I'm watching a squirrel torment my cat through the window.  At this point I'm thinking that I'm doing too much thinking. THINKING without DOING is like faith without works DEAD. My thoughts were directed toward two amazing women of God Joni Eareckson Tada and Diane Dike.

Joni Eareckson Tada became a quadriplegic at the age of 17 after a diving accident that broke her neck.  She admits to initially going through severe depression and thoughts of suicide.  Mrs. Tada "jumped" back to being God focused instead of "Me" focus. Today Mrs. Tada is founder and CEO of Joni and Friends a ministry geared toward helping those with disability through the love and peace of Christ Jesus.  She is among other things, an author, inspirational speaker and actress.  A woman who is unable to do physically anything for herself, manages to reach out and help millions throughout the world and all from her electric wheelchair.

Another great woman that I had the privilege of meeting is Dr. Diane Dike, a woman who God has gifted with a rare condition called Cryoglobulinemia.  Dr. Dike much like Mrs. Tada went through her emotional roller-coaster and like Mrs. Tada she came back from the blackness of her emotional and physical pain.  I was fortunate to have met her one day when she spoke at my church, her and Gracie (her little life saving service dog).  What an accomplished woman! An award-winning speaker, singer, author, and she is founder and President of Second Chances with Grace.

Two amazing women that could have chosen to stay in their blackness but despite emotional and physical challenges they have moved forward and have reached a multitude of people throughout the world.  I will  not speak for them but I'm certain that if asked they would not change anything about their lives.  For I believe that God blessed them with their conditions knowing they would be strong enough to be the great women they are today.  Their wheelchairs and other gadgets are just part of their "Armor".  God bless them both and thank you for being faithful servants of God.


Comments