What is in a Name.

A revelation came upon me one evening. I have been mistaken in my approach. I have denied being sick, denied being in pain and weak because I thought that in doing so I would not be giving God any glory. I felt that showing a "weak" Christian to others I would be drawing no one to HIM. I forgot one major thing: 2 Cor 12:9 But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness....." I don't need to be strong for He is strong enough for me. He will be glorified in my pain.

All our suffering is different, some are mourning the lost of a love one, others have financial struggles while yet others like myself are challenged with medical issues. As different as our sufferings are the one thing that we have in common is that we are all part of God's great universal plan. Jesus suffered a lot especially during the last few hours of his life but he knew how much glory it would bring to his Father. Just like Jesus' suffering wasn't in vain, neither is ours. Everything we go through, physical, emotional, financial etc etc.... God uses for our ultimate good. If we are reminded of the power we posses in the the name of Jesus, the Name that is above every name, the Name we we go down in the water of baptism in, and are healed, restored, and redeemed in. There is nothing we can't conquer.

My God is bigger then my pain. My God is bigger then my finances or anything else that might present itself.

This is what we all should be doing through our season of suffering. Confess everyday at every moment that Jesus Christ is on the thrown and that he is Lord. Suffering is a part of life but it's not LIFE, Jesus is LIFE and only Jesus can bring you the life that you deserve. -Shalom


                                                 



Comments