Proverbs 3:5-6

5 Lean on, trust in, and be confident in the Lord with all your heart and mind and do not rely on your own insight or understanding. 6 In all your ways know, recognize, and acknowledge Him, and He will direct and make straight and plain your paths.

For the past few months I have been working along side a friend on a blog where he can publish his works and that of other Hispanic poets, writers and essayist. This required many hours dedicated to learning the art of blogging and web design. Actually that's how Troubadour was born. I wanted a place where I can experiment and bring what I learned to his blog. A guinea pig sort of speak.

I would be downloading a pic here, changing a wallpaper there, adding different fonts etc etc. When the finished product emerged I looked at it for hours, just admiring the fruit of my labor while at the same time I look for ways to make it better. This made me think of how God must have felt on day 6 of His creation of the world. How proud He must have been to see all of His creation living together in perfect harmony.

I see God sitting back and admiring how beautifully the trees wave just slightly with the wind, how the animals live instinctively in the perfect habitat that He has placed them in. I see God's birds, each so different and yet all have one major thing in common, they were designed by the Great "I AM." I know God smiles at all these things just as much as I do. Everything created fits in perfect harmony with each other.

Then comes the creation of mankind, not so perfect as it turns out. But to God we are all perfect regardless of our flaws. He knows us all and loves us despite our idiosyncrasies. Reading about the Israelite makes me chuckle. God has to - over and over again show them that He is with them and will provide for all their needs. They, like a fed child, become quiet and content for the moment until another wall is presented and then back to crying, complaining, losing faith. They actually believe that God has left them to die there. REALLY?

Over 2000 years later, we as God's people still walk through life as if we were in the wilderness. We take for granted the miracles God does for us daily because they are small. Oh sure He hasn't made water spring out of a rock but he has made a way for us to have food on our tables, roof over our heads and friends that love us despite US. How can we complain to Him about anything.

I picture God proudly looking at all of us and laughing out loud at our thoughts and concerns. He laughs and thinks "That one is in direct violation of Proverbs 3:5-6" and He laughs even louder. Let us remember always that God is with us and He always gives us what we need. Shalom


                                                

Comments

  1. Barbara muy bonto lo que escribiste. Dios te va a ayudar cada dia mas y mas.
    Papi

    ReplyDelete
  2. God always has a plan. His plan for You is to teach his words. Your creativity and your commitment to God goes hand and hand. Continue your work!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment