I Shall Teach You How to Live

Te enseñaré a vivir - René León



I shall teach you how to live
without frontiers,
without time.
I will forget on your lips
all my sorrows.
I will give you
from my life
what little is left that is good.
I will erase on your body
my nights of horror,
my feverish days,
the years of suffering.
I will teach you how to live
as I have lived,
to this day,
without frontiers
and without time.

Te enseñaré a vivir
sin fronteras,
sin tiempo.
Olvidaré en tus labios
todas mis amarguras.
Te daré de mi vida
lo poco que en ella
queda de bueno.
Borraré en tu cuerpo
mis noches de espanto,
mis días febriles,
los años de quebranto.
Te enseñaré a vivir
como he vivido
como hasta hoy,
sin fronteras
y sin tiempo.

Comments

  1. Amigo René:Me encantó este poema. Lo mismo en inglés que en español.

    Herminia Ibaceta

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment